To Advertise, Call Tonya @ 501-672-4690

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell posted photos
3 hours ago
Michael Guest commented on Wendy's blog post Where is Defensive Driving class offered?
7 hours ago
Michael Guest commented on Seth Hardwick's blog post Saline Forecast: Good Friday, Sunny, H: 74º L: 50º.
23 hours ago
gene gentry posted a blog post
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell added 3 discussions to the group Classified Ads
yesterday
Alex N. Der posted a blog post
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Wendy's blog post Where is Defensive Driving class offered?
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole posted events
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole updated an event
Thumbnail

Annual Easter egg hunt First UMC at Church CLC and church lawn

April 19, 2014 from 9am to 11am
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post A List of Easter Festivities in Saline County
yesterday
Shelli Russell's blog post was featured
yesterday
Michael Guest might attend Shelli Russell's event
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post This Wreck Looks Worse Than It Is
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Wendy's blog post Where is Defensive Driving class offered?
yesterday
Michael Guest commented on Wendy's blog post Where is Defensive Driving class offered?
yesterday
Michael Guest commented on Shelli Russell's blog post This Wreck Looks Worse Than It Is
Friday
Profile IconAleecia Smith and Renee Whetstone joined MySaline.com
Friday
Meghan Brady commented on Wendy's blog post Where is Defensive Driving class offered?
Friday
Wendy posted a blog post
Friday
Shelli Russell posted an event
Friday

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Please read the terms of service on your profile page.
• • • • • • • • • • • •

Contact us with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason: PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

Members

MySaline.com has been introducing neighbors and building community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the woodworking classes offered at the Little Rock Arkansas Art Museum, or for that matter, any woodworking classes offered in the surrounding area. I've been considering doing some hobby carpentry and brushing up on some of the projects Grandpa and I used to work on. I'd like to know if the classes are worthwhile and what all they entail.

Thanks

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A friend of mine has taken a woodworking class there and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll ask him for a review and get back to you. There may be a delay in the response as he is vacationing right now.
If you are looking for a super fun and educational experience, check out the John C Campbell Folk School. Www.folkschool.org. It's in the far western part of NC. My son is an art major emphasizing in furniture. We spent a week there during spring break. Worth every peny! He was one of the young'ns. It was like "camp" for adults. I couldn't stop raving about the food. There are all kinds of classes in folk art. Expensive, but worth every penny!
I've talked to two people who have take multiple classes there. The verdict is "worth every penny". My son, the furniture student, only hears good things, too.

I would also be interested in learning about a local wood working class. I am still kicking myself for not taking shop in highschool. I have been fumbling through some simple carpentry projects around the house but would love to learn the "right way".

You guys might check with Home Depot. I know they have classes on laying hardwood floors, ceramic tile, and other handyman type classes. Not sure what all they have, but it can't hurt to check it out. Another place you might check is Pulaski Tech.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service