Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Latest Activity

jim catton commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bryant City Council Meeting Canceled Due to a Record 5 Aldermen Absent
13 minutes ago
Jayme Pultro is now a member of MySaline.com
6 hours ago
Amanda Bradley commented on Amanda Bradley's blog post free pallets?
7 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bryant City Council Meeting Canceled Due to a Record 5 Aldermen Absent
7 hours ago
brent hobson commented on Amanda Bradley's blog post free pallets?
8 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bryant City Council Meeting Canceled Due to a Record 5 Aldermen Absent
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post County Attorney Speaks to Kiwanis About Decisions Facing Our Newly Wet County
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
Jeff Morris commented on Shelli Russell's blog post County Attorney Speaks to Kiwanis About Decisions Facing Our Newly Wet County
9 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
9 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted a blog post
9 hours ago
red Henry posted an event

CASH FOR JAX at Haskell General store

November 22, 2014 from 7am to 1pm
9 hours ago
red Henry posted a blog post
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
Alex N. Der posted a blog post
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post If You Were Wondering Whether the Courthouse Was On Fire...
17 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Amanda Bradley's blog post free pallets?
17 hours ago
Amanda Bradley posted a blog post
18 hours ago

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

What a sad day, she was the soundtrack for a generation, a wonderful talent who led life in a downward spiral. Her voice will be an asset to the angels choir in heaven, and I am grateful to know her suffering has ended.

Tags: Whitney, houston

Views: 304

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think it is quite that simple. Art and drugs/substance abuse have long had a tragic relationship. I don't think she was a loser, I think she had a disease. I think it is difficult for people like us, who presumably are not drug addicts, to understand what life is like for an addicts.

It's very sad.

That it is...that it is.

I guess some crackheads mean more to society than other crackheads.

What's that say about society?

My condolences to her family. But, in my little world, I say good riddence.

I saw where you expressed your grief or condolences.

It was classy how you did that.

Be still my bleeding heart...crackheads get what they deserve. In this case, she's getting a bit more than she deserves.

Do you lose arguments with dumb people often?

Again....My condolences to her family. But, in my little world, I say good riddence.

IMO, the flag at half-staff is a bit much.

Flag at half staff!!! Your seriously kidding right? If that's the truth then I'm sorry but that's an insult and a slap in the face to the people who have fought for this country and those who have served in other capacities. What has she done to deserve a flag flying at half staff?

Chris Christie said she meant alot to the state of New Jersy.

Society seems to revere crackheads, now.

from cbs news

Christie ordered flags flown at half-staff at state government buildings on Saturday, the day funeral services are held for Houston at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church, where she sang at as a child.

"I am disturbed by people who believe that because her ultimate demise - and we don't know what is the cause of her death yet - but because of her history of substance abuse that somehow she's forfeited the good things that she did in her life," said the governor during a briefing in northern New Jersey. "I just reject that on a human level."

The governor noted he has ordered flags flown at half-staff for all 31 fallen New Jersey soldiers and every fallen police officer during his time in office. He also ordered flags lowered last year for Clarence Clemons, the saxophonist for Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.

Munky,

With all due respect...

Her fans enabled a talented human being wrought with the desire to get high. She was an entertainer with the desire to make money. She CHOSE to waste her talent and your money on drugs. After Mrs. Reagan's campaign, who doesn't know about the horrors of addiction? I know of Ms. Brown's accomplishments. But let's be real. When you bought one of her albums, you fueled her drug suppling machine. You gave her money which she chose to spend on drugs. We all make a choice.

She made the wrong choice. She overdosed on her escape mechanism. Life is fragile.

Thank you for the well wishes concerning my family. We have endured our share.

My only point in commenting on this thread was to throw the idea out there that....maybe society places idolistic reverences upon  pop stars and politicians, alike. And to express condolences to her family...they may read this wonderful site...I call them like I see them. If you found my remarks to be insensitive, that's on you. All's I'm sayin' is that if we revered God as often as we do a mere crackheaded human, we may find some forgiveness in His Word.

Keep up the good work you do. I enjoy your contributions like I enjoy the sound of a hound at bay.

dis·cern·ment (d -sûrn m nt, -zûrn -). n. 1. The act or process of exhibiting keen insight and good judgment. 2. Keenness of insight and judgment.

This is so childish...but I will take this opportunity to enlighten you about judging another.

God instructs us to not judge what is in another's heart concerning his/her faith in God. Only He can judge what is in one's heart relating to faith, God also instructs us to stay away from those whose actions seem unGodly. How would we ever be able to stay away from evil if we could not discern what is Good and what is evil. God requires us to judge another's actions here on Earth in order to know who and what we should surround ourselves with.

It's rather simple...If that man over there is pointing a gun at me, I should correctly judge his intentions and act accordingly. If that man over there says he believes in God, it is not my duty to judge his convictions or his honesty in such matters.

Hope this helps.

Hebrews Chapter 5. Start at the top. Pay special attention to verse 14.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service