Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell posted blog posts
4 minutes ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Thelma Edwards Poole's blog post Black Friday & Brown Thursday
58 minutes ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted blog posts
1 hour ago
joseph west is attending Shelli Russell's event
Thumbnail

Saline County Christmas Parade at Downtown Benton

December 1, 2014 from 6pm to 7:30pm
13 hours ago
joseph west left a comment for Thelma Poole
13 hours ago
Profile IconLeo Swaby and Kerri Long joined MySaline.com
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Cara Smith's blog post Manners or Tradition?
yesterday
Shelli Russell's blog post was featured
yesterday
yesterday
Cara Smith posted a blog post
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole left a comment for joseph west
yesterday
Alex N. Der posted blog posts
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Immediate Need for Hay for 2 Horses Near Paron
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole posted events
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted events
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's event Saline County Christmas Parade
yesterday
Seth Hardwick commented on Shelli Russell's event Saline County Christmas Parade
yesterday
Seth Hardwick might attend Shelli Russell's event
Thumbnail

Saline County Christmas Parade at Downtown Benton

December 1, 2014 from 6pm to 7:30pm
yesterday
Wednesday
joseph west commented on joseph west's status
Wednesday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

What did the Arkansas State Police Director said to Bruce Pennington?

Just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of documents in my other post, this is what Colonel Bailey wrote in a letter to Bruce Pennington when he was demoted and transferred to another troop in 1997 . . . . . .

"It is clear that you were less than truthful in your original responses concerning the borrowing of monies from subordinates and others with whom the department holds a special relationship.  In addition, there is overwhelming evidence that both your professional and personal conduct have brought discredit to this agency, just as it has to yourself.  This conduct has definitely impaired both the efficiency and operations of the Arkansas State Police."

Views: 1398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read with interest, incredulity and disgust some blogs by individuals, on other sites. My question is ;How can the current Sheriff be blamed for what occurred when he was not affiliated with the Sheriffs Office at that time?I believe the F B I ,State Police and the Sheriff at that time investigated and got NO WHERE. I believe if I had a problem with the investigation I would go to one of t...he three previously mentioned groups . I also am under the impression that this case is continuously being rechecked that it has not been forgotten.

Also the Sheriff retired as a Sgt .from the State Police and this was brought up in the past two elections.
I understand people are unhappy for losing the election or for other things that have occurred in their lives but bitterness will destroy. And it will destroy the goals of these people or at times it will destroy them .
I am glad the people on this site has presented facts and opinions. Not rumors or innuendos. We also put our names by what we say. So obviously a few of us are not intimidated by what we have been told , have read or by the actions of certain people.

I too have family and friends in Saline County. I hope that the man that has proven to be a man of his word, that stands square and upright before others will be re-elected. For he is honest and has done what he has promised.

Signed Harold Marable

I posted this for my friend Sgt. Harold Marable

quoting further from this same letter dated March 27, 1997:

"I am hereby exercising my authority as Director of the Arkansas State Police and demoting you  from the rank of Sergeant to the rank of Corporal. "

Linda, you are a good woman.  A damn good woman who has been through sheer hell.  You have the love and respect of many, many people in Saline County.  You have my respect.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Remember what happened when you trusted Dan Harmon?  Don't put yourself through that again.  You know exactly what I'm talking about, and now you know that I KNOW what I'm talking about.  These events are from 15 years ago, m'am.  He was not decertified or he could not be Sheriff today.  Whatever the end result was, it was cleared up a long, long time ago. 

Today, Bruce Pennington is a model sheriff.  He has been named Sheriff of the Year, and has done more good for the department in recent times that the past five Sheriffs combined.  Why are you turning on him like this?  Why are you dragging a bunch of stuff out from 1997 that no one will understand anyway?

You need to check out my NEWEST blog coming on the Smiling Boy, dear.  You cannot trust him.  And when you read what I'm about to post, you'll understand why.  Unlike the stuff you're putting up online, my stuff is one heck of a lot newer and affects everyone, not just one individual.

I'm not attacking you.  I never will.  I respect you too much to do that.  But please think about what you're doing, and who you're trusting.  Pennington is the right man for this job.  Ward is a proven disgrace.

Just wait til you see the next chapter of this.  It's a game changer.

So whats your new revelation about James Ward? That the former loser editors of that bastion of impartial and fair reporting "The Couier" don't like him? They don't like him, they don't own him, and he owes them no favors. If James Ward gave his last dollar to feed the poor, "The Couier "  would run the story "James Ward out of money!"

The Undertaker said:

Linda, you are a good woman.  A damn good woman who has been through sheer hell.  You have the love and respect of many, many people in Saline County.  You have my respect.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Remember what happened when you trusted Dan Harmon?  Don't put yourself through that again.  You know exactly what I'm talking about, and now you know that I KNOW what I'm talking about.  These events are from 15 years ago, m'am.  He was not decertified or he could not be Sheriff today.  Whatever the end result was, it was cleared up a long, long time ago. 

Today, Bruce Pennington is a model sheriff.  He has been named Sheriff of the Year, and has done more good for the department in recent times that the past five Sheriffs combined.  Why are you turning on him like this?  Why are you dragging a bunch of stuff out from 1997 that no one will understand anyway?

You need to check out my NEWEST blog coming on the Smiling Boy, dear.  You cannot trust him.  And when you read what I'm about to post, you'll understand why.  Unlike the stuff you're putting up online, my stuff is one heck of a lot newer and affects everyone, not just one individual.

I'm not attacking you.  I never will.  I respect you too much to do that.  But please think about what you're doing, and who you're trusting.  Pennington is the right man for this job.  Ward is a proven disgrace.

Just wait til you see the next chapter of this.  It's a game changer.

Publius.. you rock!!

Red Cedars, The Undertaker seems to be the staunch supporter for both Milligan and Pennington.  I remember what Jr. Samples said in another post after they posted a picture of Milligan and Mike Huckabee.  He said the campaign postcard said "known by the company he keeps".  This is the same situation, Sheriff Pennington should be known by the company he keeps which if you look at all these posts would be Undertaker and the Tripp guy. Now that's real scary.

Just a note, you didn't offend me with the f word you used, but to not get thrown off you might want to use "shut the pucker up".  You are one of a few that I enjoy reading and you don't need to go away from mysaline. 

Everything involving Linda Ives is not about her kid or the Henry kid, you rotten little foul-mouthed child.  I told the lady I respected her.  You?  NONE. 

Ward has sold her a bill of goods, because this ancient crap came from somewhere.  Whatever went down, we don't know all the details, and it happened a decade and a half ago.  Today, we've got a man who was named Sheriff of the Year, and who has produced a frickin' awesome department with good men.

The Smiling Boy has done all his damage in the past five years.  Threatened deputies.  Hit another dude with his car and didn't have insurance, then threatened the ticketing officer with a damn civil lawsuit in a crude and very arrogant way that made me wonder why he didn't knock Ward on his ass or cuff him right there.  Embarrasses himself, his party, his chairman, and even the newspaper when he writes a bunch of psycho crap.

Oh yeah, SURE, he's a great Sheriff candidate.  Yeah, and I have turds that talk too.  Then your rotten foul-mouthed rear end comes on here, pretending to respect Linda, bringing up her poor kid in a cheap way, and you F bomb us and tell ME to shut up?

You don't wanna know what I'm thinking 'bout you, Red boy.  You wouldn't sleep.

Red Cedars said:

Undertaker, how 'bout you shut the fuck up and allow Mrs. Ives to have her own opinion.  She is a  citizen of this county that has a legitimate right to be skeptical of the Saline County Sheriffs Dept.  Unless your last name is "Ives" or "Henry" then I would guess that you have no idea what she has gone through and has to go through every single day. If you truly respect her as you say then perhaps the next comment to her should be an apology.  To pander for votes in this manner is utterly despicable and I quite frankly have nothing more to say to you or anybody else about this damned election.

If I get banned for swearing then so be it (I did check the Terms of Service beforehand and didn't read anything about profanity). Sometimes no other word fits.

Peter, Peter, little Peter.....I support good men.  I prove what I say.  Pennington is known by the company he keeps?  And Huckabee don't count with ya?  I don't know the man, so how does he keep company with me?  All I done is support him 'cause he's a good man and a good Sheriff.  So what's with the sniper pot-shot at my boy Tripp?  Don't know him either 'cept for what the boy writes here, and he writes good.  Says good stuff, backs the right guys.

Supposing you tell us what's so scary about that.  What I know about Tripp would fit in a cigarette pack, but what I do know is all good.  Damn sure nothing scary.  He pisses a bunch of you little boys off, I do know that 'cause he's long-winded and gets a little excited every now and then.  But hey, he's a dude with some feelings too and he wants to see right things get done. 

Probably shouldn't have posted this, because all it's gonna do is set you off on a tirade on me, Pennington, Tripp and who knows what else.  When all you was tryin' to do was be cute and get a dig in with that "company you keep" crap.  Whatever.  Do what ya want, little Peter.  I got stuff to post on the Smiling Boy.

Peter Glenn said:

Red Cedars, The Undertaker seems to be the staunch supporter for both Milligan and Pennington.  I remember what Jr. Samples said in another post after they posted a picture of Milligan and Mike Huckabee.  He said the campaign postcard said "known by the company he keeps".  This is the same situation, Sheriff Pennington should be known by the company he keeps which if you look at all these posts would be Undertaker and the Tripp guy. Now that's real scary.

Just a note, you didn't offend me with the f word you used, but to not get thrown off you might want to use "shut the pucker up".  You are one of a few that I enjoy reading and you don't need to go away from mysaline. 

If you haven't read the book "The Boys of the Tracks" by Mara Leveritt, please consider doing so.  It is truly an eye opener.....As for this tragedy happening a decade and a half ago, I, being a mother, would NEVER and I mean NEVER, give up trying to find out what happened to my child.  There would not be closure or any sense of peace, until I found out what happened just as there is not with Mrs. Ives.

Linda, you keep going as long as you have to.  It doesn't  matter how "old" this case gets, keep digging until you get answers.  Just know that, if you don't get the answers you seek while on this earth, there is One, that ALL of those involved WILL ANSWER TO ONE DAY, GOD.

My prayers are with you.

Linda Ives is a treasure to the rest of us, She has never given up on the search for truth about her child, she has witnessed first hand the shenanigans of the law, and public officials who protect their institutions and themselves above all else. They have tried to marginalize her, intimidate, and dismiss her as crazy. Along the way she has fought the same battle on the same treatment dished out to her on behalf of others. Without Linda Ives and a very few like her, we would only know what authority wants us to know.

Misleading title.  I expected something like: What did the hat say to the scarf? You hang around while I go on ahead.

Ba-da-ching

I'll be here all week folks...

I jest.

LOL Henry!  Ya'll know what?  The MORE a select few try to slam supporters of Ward & other "chosen candidates", the more it makes me campaign for them.  

Red Cedars.. Mrs Ives is a VERY respected & loved person in these parts, If your going to talk with that mouth, PLEASE keep her name out of it.  She is much to much of a lady for that association. Your support of her is appreciated , please support her with respect as well

. I would love to tell SEVERAL the STFU, And truth be known, in the confines of my fours walls, I do quite often,  LOL,  but they have a right to an opinion , just as we do :)   Have a blessed day!

Peace out................~Donna

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service