Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Latest Activity

Carlton Clay posted a blog post
34 minutes ago
Shelli Russell posted a photo
8 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Wendy Friend's blog post Benton Panther Playoff game 11/21 Where is the link on ESPNWPS.com??
22 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
22 hours ago
Tricia Power posted photos
23 hours ago
Wendy Friend commented on Wendy Friend's blog post Benton Panther Playoff game 11/21 Where is the link on ESPNWPS.com??
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted a status
"Hornets at Bentonville tonight. Live streaming at http://t.co/gUxwurallq via http://t.co/BbpWdG8oGi."
yesterday
Wendy Friend posted a blog post
yesterday
Tricia Power posted a blog post
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted events
yesterday
Shelli Russell added a discussion to the group Saline County Politics
yesterday
Seth Hardwick posted blog posts
yesterday
jim catton commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bryant City Council Meeting Canceled Due to a Record 5 Aldermen Absent
yesterday
Jayme Pultro is now a member of MySaline.com
yesterday
Amanda Bradley commented on Amanda Bradley's blog post free pallets?
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bryant City Council Meeting Canceled Due to a Record 5 Aldermen Absent
yesterday
brent hobson commented on Amanda Bradley's blog post free pallets?
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bryant City Council Meeting Canceled Due to a Record 5 Aldermen Absent
yesterday
Amanda Bradley commented on Amanda Bradley's blog post free pallets?
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post County Attorney Speaks to Kiwanis About Decisions Facing Our Newly Wet County
yesterday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

Views: 3199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She is class, she would probaqbly feed Milligan, his dog, and be gratious about it, too.

Very observant. Good catch.

Just Ducky said:

Heaven help us. The mudslinging is awful. But even worse is the fact that there is a typo on the card. Looking at the jpg file posted, it appears the word "circuit" is spelled incorrectly, on the first bullet point. Just a pet peeve to see something like that when probably a dozen or more people saw the card before printing.
Thank you, Deputy Teague and Ms Samples, for a job well done. in all of the posts and political discussions being written about, is there anything more important that the well being of a child?

deputyteague said:
Well... To worried... I was the deputy who along with myka samples hunted down and found the missing boy. It took about 5 hours of walking around parks, then apartment complexes, then certain people's employment, then to another house, then to a stake out... You have no clue what it took.. The tips did not come to us. WE went out and found them. I assure you Mrs. Sample sacrificed alot that day. Her son had just arrived home after 4 years in the military, there were 10 cars at her house, and family from all over the state. When I called her and told her I was on to something, I drove over, picked her up in my patrol unit.. And we went to work. I was proud of the work we did that day. You would have a very hard time convencing the mother of this child that myka was not her hero. Just saying
Eric, you are so right! And it seems that the "Saline County Justice League" truly does not realize that their approach often makes us wonder if the candidates they endorse are not as harsh and judgmental as they are. I was taught that we reflect the company we keep, and some of these candidates have become questionable to me because of the company they keep. Does this make sense? I think the thing that bothers me the most is the way these posters often state their opinions as fact, and even state the future as known facts, ie: "there will be mass firings or resignations". Or "there will be bedlam". PLEASE NQTE THAT I DID NOT look up these quotes, but I read them yesterday. I have no desire to get into a tit -for-tat with anyone. Sadly, no matter how many of us ask BOTH sides to be respectful, it seems to be challenging. If we could show as much passion for educating our children as we do for the political process...and I know the political process is critical to ensuring the availability of education to our children. Eric, I am pretty certain you and I would get along just fine over a cup of coffee!

Eric and Just Ducky, funny you mention Saline County Justice League and their negative effect on their causes.  I've been calling them the Saline County Mental Men.  They do state their opinions as facts and play with your mind as you said.  They will give you their SCuMM report.  And then if you disagree you will end up on their SCuMM list.   Judge Phillips had every right to express his opinion but not in their world.  It would be ok if they expressed their opinion and went on but they are like spoiled children who have to have their way or else.  And I agree with you that we are judged by the company we keep so I already have some bias against their candidates, even before looking at the other candidates.

Some previous post in this blog have asked for information about who Mrs. Sample is and her experience.  The information below is a brief bio of her..

Myka Bono Sample was born and raised in Saline County to the late Jiggs Bono and Judy Bono of Benton.  She and Billy Sample have been married 24 years and have 3 sons; Matt, Aaron and Briar.  Matt is a professional baseball player in the Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball program; Aaron is serving in the United States Navy aboard the George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier; Briar is a full-time college student and is employed by Bauxite School District.  Sample is the daughter-in-law of the late Truman Sample and Jackie Sample of Benton.

Sample graduated from Bauxite High School where she was a member of FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and a member of the basketball team, cheerleader squad and track team.  She was selected as all-conference in basketball 8th – 12th grade and was selected as MVP her 9th, 11th & 12th grade years.  She was co-captain of the cheerleader squad her senior year.  She was selected all conference in track and competed in the state track meet her senior year.  Sample was the first basketball player to score over 1000 points in the school’s history for the high school team.  She finished her high school career with 1,251 points and held that record for 25 years.  After high school, Sample attended Garland County Community College on a basketball scholarship and then later attended Henderson State University.

With her college years behind her and several years as a stay-at-home mother of 3, Sample re-entered the work force and landed a job with Rineco Chemical in Haskell, where she was a supervisor 3 of her 5 years employed.

In the early 2000’s, Sample began her career in the Saline County Circuit Clerk’s Office.  While there she was well trained to execute all jobs relating to the Clerk’s office.  In 2006 her husband’s job transferred them to Benton County where Sample was able to use her experience and obtain employment with the Benton County Circuit Clerk’s office.  After one year she was promoted to Supervisor and then promoted to Office Manager.  As Office Manager, she managed a staff of 21 employees.  Sample’s accomplishments during this time include creating training manuals for the domestic, civil, criminal, juvenile, child support and real-estate departments.  She also took the lead to revamp the Child Support program.  In the summer of 2010, her husband’s job re-located the family back to Saline County.  Sample stayed on in Benton County to complete the New Electronic Recording for the real estate department of which Benton County was first to implement.  

In October 2010, with many job opportunities afforded her, Sample & her family knew in order to obtain her future goal, some sacrifices might have to be made.  She once again agreed to work part-time for the Saline County Circuit Clerk’s office and in January 2011 became a full-time employee at the Clerk’s office performing many duties which included the jury coordinator and records supervisor. 

From July 2011 to present, Sample extended her knowledge and obtained a position with the Saline County Juvenile Department becoming a certified Juvenile Probation officer.  Since the Circuit Clerk’s office is the record keeper for the juvenile department, Sample felt like this would be a great opportunity to increase her knowledge for the county and for her future goals.

Sample’s roots sprouted in Saline County.  As stated earlier, family job opportunities led her away briefly but her heart has always been and remains in Saline County.  She has a desire to serve and attend to the citizens of Saline County.  If elected as the next Circuit Clerk, Sample will be the first Clerk in Saline County history to serve as a fully functional Clerk – able to perform all aspects and duties of the office as well as train current and new employees to be as fully sufficient.  Sample is dedicated to continuing her education as offered by the State of Arkansas for the Circuit Clerk’s position and also to constantly assign training essentials to the office, such as cross-training for all positions. 

Ms. Samples has my vote. Not just because i cant stand Milligan, but she is a very intelligent woman. I only recently meet her and the expierence was a hundred times better than my first meeting with Milligan. Ive watched both of them carefully, and I believe Ms. Samples will bring class back to our county.

Ricky, that was really an intelligent response, it figures. Tell me, what has Milligan accomplished, other than make alot of people mad, You yourself said,"alot of people dispise Milligan." I wonder why? Maybe you could provide the reason why? An intelligent answer please. VOTE MYKA BONO SAMPLE for Saline County Circuit Clerk, and a better Saline County.

I have been a saline co resident for 40+ years but new to this website. After reading the saga between Mrs Samples and Mr Milligan, I have yet to read a reasonable legitimate excuse as to why Mrs Samples is running as a republican...

I've seen the knashing of teeth from her supporters about the website that PROVES she is no Republican. ****Newsflash**** her voting record could easly be accesed by any citizen, the website only points this FACT out and is no secret. Anyone with a few working brain cells researching a canidate would already know this despite the website!

Running as a Republican when she is clearly not, to me is not honest and goes a LONG way in showing her lack of integerty.

But what do I know... I am just an average american! 

Mr Harris, you work in the clerks office.   Hope  you are not here on the taxpayers dime trying to save your boss. 

Average American said:

I have been a saline co resident for 40+ years but new to this website. After reading the saga between Mrs Samples and Mr Milligan, I have yet to read a reasonable legitimate excuse as to why Mrs Samples is running as a republican...

I've seen the knashing of teeth from her supporters about the website that PROVES she is no Republican. ****Newsflash**** her voting record could easly be accesed by any citizen, the website only points this FACT out and is no secret. Anyone with a few working brain cells researching a canidate would already know this despite the website!

Running as a Republican when she is clearly not, to me is not honest and goes a LONG way in showing her lack of integerty.

But what do I know... I am just an average american! 

I expect you don't support Ms. Sample, "Average American," as you are an employee of Mr
Milligan. (Next time you want to hide under a pseudonym, you might want make your profile private, Mr. Harris.)

I should have known! Sorry bunch of affairs!

Eric said:

Well, Just Ducky, you want reasons as to WHY you should vote for someone? Man, get with the times!  Around here only reasons NOT to vote for someone are all you get!!!  Just say something like you want to vote for Ms Sample because she's a woman.  Then in a few minutes Mr Tripp will launch a lengthy diatribe as to why Mr Milligan is the shiznit.......We have The Shadow, The Undertaker, and Mr Tripp, aka The Last Word....These are the members of the Justice League of Saline County....Kind of like the cartoon.....Wonder powers activate...in the form of hip waders.....

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service