I see a common theme on this website....complaining and finger pointing. Some of you are the biggest drama queens. Here are some things I am seeing:
1. Complaining about the sheriff: Well the people of Saline County voted for him. If you dont like him, then dont vote for him. You have that right. Just because you dont like him or dont think he is doing a great job doesnt mean the rest of Saline County feels that way. I am pretty sure the election results will show what the voting population's opinion of our current sherriff is.
2. You attack people like Evan Prickett because he gives his opinion on topics. Guess what, when you complain, you are giving your opinion too. You attack him because "he isnt who he says he is". Guess what? My name isnt Jane Doe, but I also would bet your name isnt what your screen name is either. Why would I give my real name if you are going to do crazy stuff like go to the clerk's office and pull my voter registration?? Why wouldnt you burn my house down while you were at it? Who does that?? Who cares who he is? He is simply stating his opinion and giving you facts based on data. You have that right too. If you want to say his facts are wrong, fine, but while your at it, make sure you give the rest of us links to where you got your data from. He does.
3.You say Saline County is corrupt, crime ridden and needs cleaned up. Really folks, have you ever left Saline County? There is a much larger world out there, you should go visit it. You want to see crime? Go to Pulaski County. They have way more crime than ours. You say we are the meth capital of the world. I find that really hard to believe. Yes, meth is a problem here but its far from making us the meth capital of the world. You dont like the way things are here, then move. You have that right. Nobody is forcing you to live here.
4. You rant about unsolved murders here. Guess what folks, there are unsolved murders everywhere. Its a sad world we live in. Go visit the crime lab and ask them how many unsolved murders there are. I would be willing to bet Saline County fails in comparision to other counties.
5. You complain about our police officers. Really?? Are you a cop? Have you ever been a cop? If you havent been, you have NO IDEA what they put up with, go through, etc. Its the most underpaid, thankless job next to a teacher in my opinion. I am not a cop, never been one, have no desire to be one. I just have enough respect not to complain and rant about things I have no personal experience doing.
6. Several of you seem to be stuck in the past. Well its the past. You cant change it and its time to move on.
7. Politics, politics, politics. It is ALL over this site. If I wanted to see a bunch of politics, I would watch tv.
8. You say that facts posted on here are wrong because you have talked to eyewitnesses who were there, or you heard from your cousin's best friend's brother's so and so that ____ happened. Well guess what? That is hearsay. Unless you were there and witnessed it with your own two eyes, then who is to say facts posted on here from reputable sources are wrong?
9. You complain that $ was stolen from the sherriff's office so automatically the current sherriff needs to be investigated for letting it happen. Guess what? There are theives everywhere. Saying that the current sherriff needs investigated is about as proposterous as saying you need investigated and need to prove yourself innocent if a criminal breaks into your home and steals from you while you werent home.
People these are just a few of the topics I have been seeing on here. Do you have the right to your opinion, yes. State it and move on. To sit here and constantly complain about things isnt getting you anywhere. You dont like how Saline County is ran, go fill out the paper work, run for office and stand on your soap box and tell the world how you are going to fix it. You dont like who is running for office, then dont vote for them. You dont like the fact that people like Evan Prickett refute your posts and give facts based on data, then ignore him. You dont agree with the facts he posts, go find your own facts and post them to prove his wrong. Dont just say he is wrong without data to back it up. Dont attack him either just because you dont agree with him. You dont like our police officers, go to police department, apply for a job, become a cop and do something about it. Everyone has the right to their opinion and this site should be a great place to interact with other residents of Saline County. Instead this is one big soap opera. I am sure this will get under several people's skin, but I would bet $ that I am not the only person on this site that is tired of all the drama.
while i agree with what you have to say, some who have had children murdered find it hard to "leave it in the past" & therefore, deserve a little patience and compassion. i hope i am never in their shoes.
I hope we can all move forward now and bring some good things to this site for our County.
standing ovation!!!!!! You said everything i have been thinking for months now... I am always amazed and what i see posted as facts... you rock on girlfriend!!!!
Couldn't have said it better Laura, as far as Jane Doe says she wasn't referring to the people that have lost children and loved ones but about the good ol boys, things that happen 20 yrs. ago, blah, blah, blah, well what in the world does she think all the posts, comments, etc. that she doesn't like is about??? Sorry Jane Doe, not everybody is willing to overlook the past and just move on to make this county a better place to live like you and others on here want! Some of us want JUSTICE and the GOOD OL" BOYS OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#3 Yes, there is a big world out there…but it's not Pulaski County. :)
#6 The past is prologue.
#7 So, you don't like all the politics on this site. Maybe you should take your own advice. It's a big internet with lots of web sites to visit. Also, cable has myriad channels and genres 24/7. Many more choices besides politics.
All politics is local.
Ps. several sheriff comments, hmmm