Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Spread the word about MySaline.com! Scroll up to where it says "Friends-Invite" and click on "Invite!"

Members

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell posted blog posts
22 minutes ago
Roger L. Poole posted photos
27 minutes ago
Shelli Russell commented on Linda Dame's blog post Building
1 hour ago
Linda Dame posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Brent Hendrix posted an event

Fundraiser and Chili Cook Off for Christmas for Kids at Saline County Fairgrounds

September 20, 2014 from 10am to 7pm
4 hours ago
Rhonda McKinney commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
6 hours ago
Reporter posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Seth Hardwick posted a blog post
7 hours ago
Ricky Dyson commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
16 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
17 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
17 hours ago
Theresa Key commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
20 hours ago
Kenny Nony commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Todd "The Bod" Skaggs commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Jeremy S. Crouse commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Carlton Clay commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Terry Babbs commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Ron W. Ebbert posted a photo
Saturday
Laura Ashcraft Thompson commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
Saturday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

I read in the paper earlier this week that a 6 yr old boy was suspended from school for saying to a little girl "I'm sexy and I know it", words his mother said he learned from a song. She was outraged and said she had to try to explain to a 6 yr old what sexual harassment was. What are your thoughts on this? Are we taking sexual harassment too far? Do we need to do a better job of screening what our kids hear and see? And, i wonder, how did the child he said this to know enough about it to think he shouldn't say this?

Views: 677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Second grade - "kiss chase" - anybody remember that?  Yepppp, we would all be in big trouble now.

I do remember. Yep, things have changed and not all for the better. I think we have put so many rules in place we don't use our common sense anymore! Or, rather, we aren't allowed to use our common sense.

i think that Common Sense must be a super power and only a few have the strength to wield it! LOL

If you have issues with the way the Benton runs it schools run for the school board. Seriously. I hate zero tolerance policies. They don't work and they destroy kid's lives. 

First don't get distracted by urban myth straw man arguments like this story about the 6 year old singing whatever he sung. I'm sure some version of that story happened but a lot of the facts seem pretty sketchy.

But the thing about leaving a tray on the table in the cafeteria with the security cameras is downright scary!

Common sense has left the building and needs to be put back in with regards to school discipline policies.

Brian, this was a news article in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, not some tabloid with stories about Martians. The article had the name of the school, etc. What is sketchy about that? I'm sorry I didn't save the article now!

I'm not denying that the story is true. I am sure it is. It's just that it is 1 isolated story and possibly without context in regards to any other extenuating circumstances. The whole story was probably edited (I will try to Google it). Zero tolerance means that school administrators don't have to think...just do. They can point to the policy, say they are doing something and then move on without any regard to the ramifications of their decision. Truth is the first victim of a zero tolerance policy. It destroys lives and and allows no redress to the decision or an opportunity for redemption of the alleged perpetrator.  

We hold youth to a much higher standard than we hold adults. Due Process is denied to young people when zero tolerance is the applied policy. 

Bottom line is zero tolerance destroys a young person's life forever.

Brenda Rhodes said:

Brian, this was a news article in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, not some tabloid with stories about Martians. The article had the name of the school, etc. What is sketchy about that? I'm sorry I didn't save the article now!

Common sense is like Thor's hammer (think Avengers). Very few seem to have the ability to use it.

Jade said:

i think that Common Sense must be a super power and only a few have the strength to wield it! LOL

Wendy, what about your school board pals? Surely, you can take your complaint to them.

And yes, by all means, run for school board...there's a seat up for election in September.

Wendy said:

Don't get me started on the Corporal punishment they dish out at the High School in Benton. They monitor the cameras in the cafeteria to make sure they punish the student who leaves their tray on the table. Does not matter if it is the first time in the 3 years that they have been there and forgotten by accident. Seriously....

Brian, zero tolerance does ruin lives. I couldn't agree more. An incident with my child and Me contacting g multi
(sorry using my phone) me contacting multiple legislators has prompted the proposal of some legislation regarding zero tolerance next year. It's apparently becoming a widespread issue throughout our state that many politicians are concerned about.

Thank you for doing this with regards to negating the effect of zero tolerance policies.

Jennifer Johnson said:

(sorry using my phone) me contacting multiple legislators has prompted the proposal of some legislation regarding zero tolerance next year. It's apparently becoming a widespread issue throughout our state that many politicians are concerned about.

We are taking a lot of things too far these days. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service