Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Click to see the Complete List of 2014 Candidates for State, County, City & School Board Races.

Members

Latest Activity

Wendy commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Sex Offender Has New Address on Congo Ferndale
42 minutes ago
Betty Cummings might attend Shelli Russell's event
Thumbnail

Bryant Farmer's Market at Midtown Pavilions at Midtown Bryant Farmer's Market Pavilions

September 20, 2014 from 8am to 2pm
44 minutes ago
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Donna Jones posted a blog post
3 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted events
3 hours ago
Profile IconTom n5tti, Amanda Seese, Andy Pierce and 1 more joined MySaline.com
4 hours ago
Mike Parsons commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
18 hours ago
Dale Fisher commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
20 hours ago
Kelli commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
21 hours ago
Kenny Nony commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
22 hours ago
Kenny Nony commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
22 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
23 hours ago
Alex N. Der posted a blog post
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted a status
"Ark. Dept. of Correction - Escaped murderer Timothy Buffington captured. Details: http://on.kthv.com/1s8yNvW - THV 11"
yesterday
Seth Hardwick commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
yesterday
Seth Hardwick commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
yesterday
Renea Sturch Landreth commented on Shelli Russell's blog post I'm Curious to Know Some Things About MySaline Readers
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted a status
"Possible sighting of escapee Timothy Buffington in Logan Co. http://on.kthv.com/1s8yNvW - THV 11"
yesterday
Shelli Russell's blog post was featured
yesterday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

So im thinking about taking the kids this year. Ive never floated the Saline. Im looking forward to it. Anybody been on the float with the company at Riverside?

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our fam uses them every year. Pretty good folks, and not a bad float either... Just have to make sure and go when the water is good. Too high can be a bit tricky, and too low means you have to spend a great deal of your time carrying your canoe.

Michael Sacomani, the owner of Saline River Canoe is a member on MySaline.

http://www.mysaline.com/profile/MichaelSacomani

They have an amateur race every year too. It's usually in May, but I haven't heard about a date for this year.

Thanks Shellie! Dont know if im reafy dor the race yet! Ill start off slow with the family.

We have used them as well and they run a great operation. The race is May 19th, we are signed up already. The float from Peeler Bend to Lyledale is 4.5 miles and is a great float for kids. Water levels are an issue and are rain dependent. Here is a link to their web page:

http://salinerivercanoe.com/SalineRiverCanoe/Saline_River_Canoe.html

Somebody please give a little more detail about the float.  Are there places to beach the canoes and play in the water or do most folks just float straight through.  I like to spend as much time on the bank as in the canoe when I go.  Canoes are hard on my back.

Just return from the Peeler Bend put-in myself and it's plenty shallow today so that you could stop in lots of spots. We walked across the river and it was barely to my knees. There were three boys playing there at Peeler Bend, ages 4, 6, and 10, and they had no problem walking around in it. There is a small current right now though that will scoot you a little but ut's fun to play with. We saw Saline River Canoe drop several people. It's juuuusthigh enough to float right now. And at 90 degrees today, was the perfect cooler-offer!

There are plenty of places to stop and play/swim.

If he still does it another great option during the heat would be the Ouachita River from Remmel Dam to th Mavern whitewater park (Rockport). Every weekend during the summer they release. Saline River Canoes may still rent boats for that section.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service