To Advertise, Call Tonya @ 501-672-4690

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell posted blog posts
45 minutes ago
Profile IconTrisha Nease, Mark Barnett and kathy pollack joined MySaline.com
2 hours ago
Charles Young commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Benton Mayor Hosts Town Hall to Discuss Lack of Broadband
3 hours ago
Jennifer Martin commented on Jennifer Martin's blog post BLESSED AGAIN!!!!!
3 hours ago
Seth Hardwick posted a status
"...Severe Thunderstorm Waring for central Saline County until 6:30pm..."
5 hours ago
Seth Hardwick posted blog posts
6 hours ago
Seth Hardwick posted a status
"...Severe Thunderstorm Warning for northwestern Saline County until 6:00pm..."
6 hours ago
Kevin Cooper is attending Shelli Russell's event
Thumbnail

Saline County Sheriff Candidate Forum at Benton's Royal Theatre at Royal Theatre

April 24, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm
6 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted events
12 hours ago
Wendy commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Benton Mayor Hosts Town Hall to Discuss Lack of Broadband
13 hours ago
Reporter posted a blog post
14 hours ago
Shelli Russell added 2 discussions to the group Classified Ads
15 hours ago
Todd "The Bod" Skaggs commented on Jennifer Martin's blog post BLESSED AGAIN!!!!!
16 hours ago
Kylee Hoover replied to Jeff Morris's discussion My personal take on the Sheriff's race in the group Saline County Politics
yesterday
Alex N. Der posted a blog post
yesterday
Jennifer Martin posted a video
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole updated an event
Thumbnail

LIT FEST Book Sale Hardbacks $1 paper 50c at Little Rock Main Library Basement

April 24, 2014 to April 27, 2014
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole posted blog posts
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
yesterday
Seth Hardwick posted a blog post
yesterday

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Please read the terms of service on your profile page.
• • • • • • • • • • • •

Contact us with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason: PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

Members

MySaline.com has been introducing neighbors and building community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

This charity project is over.  See page 3 for the results.

I first met Brenda Bryan when she requested a photo of my K9 to do a painting. Since my initial contact with her I have stayed in touch with her just to make sure she is doing ok. She hasn't been doing all that great. She has a low, fixed income from SSI and limited resources. This summer there was a time that she had no A/C and some time after that she found herself in the hospital for 8 days. She found out that she has Lupus. Her medicine is expensive and to top it all off while she was in the hospital her (incorrectly installed) plumbing flooded her house. Her kitchen floor has buckled and died. It looks like a scene from the Bearing sea. If she cannot get the floor repaired then she will loose the house and be forced to live in an apartment (and consequently most of her possessions and her dogs).

Unfortunately quite a few people have taken advantage of Ms. Bryan recently. The worst of it was petty theft of money,items and medications but she has also been the victim of really (and I mean really) bad repairs on her home. HUD gave her a grant of $25k and it was given to a contractor who actually did about $5000 to $10000 worth of work. They also did quite a lot of damage by doing the work incorrectly. This has created dangerous living conditions such as the A/C unit that is installed next to the water heater with no vent, and windows that don't shut.

God has pressed upon me the task of bringing her house back to a livable condition. I have had contractors come to the house and look at it. After they regained their breath they decided that most of the work would be labor. The floor joists in the kitchen are good and other items should be repaired without extreme cost.

Brenda loves the police department and the FOP has responded with a donation of $500 to this project. This is the first big step to getting this accomplished but there is a bit of road ahead. We need more money and most importantly we need able bodies to help with the labor.

I have attached a photo of an oil painting that Brenda did herself. She wants to sell it to help raise funds to fix the house. I would like to get $200 for the painting. That is really a bargain considering that whoever buys it can feel great about themselves every time they see it (priceless).

On September 18th (one week from this Saturday). The men's group from my church (Midtowne on Boone Rd.) will begin work on perhaps one of the largest projects we have ever done. We’re calling this our MAFIA Extreme HIT. MAFIA stands for Men After Faith Integrity Action. Listed below are the areas we need to address.
• Kitchen floor torn out and replaced
• Tear out and replace cabinets
• Heating and Air systems… (duct work and air return unit)
• Small Plumbing (toilet, hot water heater, kitchen sink)
• Yard work (there’s a lot)
• And other small items

We are forming teams to work on all of these at the same time. This is a big project because the house is unsafe for the homeowner to live in. The homeowner can hurt herself by just going through her kitchen. There is a gas water heater sitting next to the air return unit. The unit is not sealed. Pretty much, every time the unit runs it is drawing in the fumes from the water heater and spreading it throughout the house. These are just a few examples.

To learn more about how you can help, send an email to mafia@midtownechurch.com with your name, phone number, and what work you’re willing to do.

I am asking for money and time.  Please consider giving a donation of either to help with the project and spread the word to others. This is great opportunity for us to help out someone that needs it.

We will be meeting at Midtowne at 7:30 a.m. on the 18th

In Christ,
Chris Eaton

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Chris, like I wrote, I'm involved in a Christian Motorcyclist's Association project on the 18th. Shelly should have my phone number. I know Dave Hall does. I don't want to post it on the Web. I will help in any way I can, and the yard is about the only thing I can think of unless you know of something else.

Can't get to Him unless you go through Him.

Cliff
Donations on the website are closed. $650 donated, thanks to the few that did. I look forward to seeing all the volunteers tomorrow.
Glad to hear about the donations!! Can folks show up Sat a.m. and donate?
Thank you to everyone that came out Saturday. We had a good day of work. The back yard was transformed from a jungle to a yard by sheer determination and hard work. The kitchen floor was removed and a new sub floor is down. Cabinets are being donated and are currently under construction, to be installed early this week. The top floor will go down after that. The duct work in the attic was insulated. Many electrical and plumbing problems were solved. BBQ was eaten and we all listened to the Razorbacks win the game on the radio.

The people in these pictures are awesome examples of God's work in action.

We are working on one more day (Probably next Saturday) to finish up, this will include painting and possibly some other small projects.

Thank you all for the donations, without them this would not have been possible. I look forward to posting some pictures of the final work next week.

From Brenda.Bryan

From Brenda.Bryan

From Brenda.Bryan

Click on this picture for more photos.
Wow, Chris. What wonderful witnesses you guys are. Did you collect enough money to cover your expenses? Also, if Mrs. Bryan is having trouble paying for her meds the Christian Community Care Clinic may can help. Let me know. Thanks for putting your Christianity in action!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service