Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Fall & Halloween Events Listing for Saline County 2014
3 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
4 hours ago
Theresa Key replied to mark morell's discussion Elective offices in the group Saline County Politics
5 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted a status
"Looking for Halloween events in Saline County? Do the clicky: http://j.mp/1wxSb56"
7 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted a status
"Free kittens on Military in front of Big Lots."
7 hours ago
Alex N. Der commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Arkansas Supreme Court to Decide Whether Countywide Wet Votes Will Count
20 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's event Bryant City Council Talks Water, Streets, Audit, Duties, Disc Golf, Tennis
22 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted events
22 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Bauxite Recorder/Treasurer Resigns
22 hours ago
Alex N. Der posted a blog post
22 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole posted events
yesterday
Shelli Russell's event was featured
Thumbnail

W.O.W. Apalooza - Women's Own Worth Mixer & Silent Auction at Capitol Hill Building

October 24, 2014 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole's event was featured
Thumbnail

Chili Beans and Blue Jeans for CASA at Northside Church of Christ, 917 N. East St, Benton

October 24, 2014 from 11:30am to 1:30pm
yesterday
Shelli Russell's 2 blog posts were featured
yesterday
Shelli Russell replied to Shelli Russell's discussion Campaign 2014 Photo Gallery in the group Saline County Politics
yesterday
Shelli Russell added 2 discussions to the group Saline County Politics
yesterday
Jessica Knapp-Smith is now a member of MySaline.com
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Roger L. Poole's blog post Reefer Art - Let's see yours
yesterday
Shelli Russell replied to mark morell's discussion Elective offices in the group Saline County Politics
yesterday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

My 6 year old daughter wants to start cheer leading, but I have no clue where to start looking. I have found a lot of places for dance and gymnastics, but not so much for just cheer leading. Any suggestions?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leah's has a good program for younger girls/boys that want to start cheerleading. If they are older I would reccommend Cheer City in LR
Agreed on both. My daughter spent 3 years cheering at Leah's. She had a blast.
Angela's Cheer in Benton
My granddaughter cheered several years at Leah's..... get ready to spend some $$$$.... but fun!!
Thanks to all of the replies. I will have to check into them. Thanks so much!
I really don't know of any good places to steer you towards. I raised a semi tom boy.

But you bring to mind a discussion I participated in the other day.

I hear my school district charges the senior high cheerleaders over $500 to be a cheerleader. It includes camps and competitions and uniforms and probably some other small stuff.

How much does a football player pay to be equipped with uniform, camps, here's the good one...competitions?

School funds are being unfairly distributed.
The band has fees they have to pay as well, I have often wondered if te footbal players families pay anything or not...good point.

Junior Samples said:
I really don't know of any good places to steer you towards. I raised a semi tom boy.

But you bring to mind a discussion I participated in the other day.

I hear my district charges the senior high cheerleaders over $500 to be a cheerleader. It includes camps and competitions and uniforms and probably some other small stuff.

How much does a football player pay to be equipped with uniform, camps, here's the good one...competitions?

School funds are being unfairly distributed.
The Upward organization has a beginner cheerleader program. I think you can contact Holland Chapel for info.

Beverly Bivens McCall said:
My daughter also wants to be a cheerleader, specifically speaking about the Bryant Youth football teams, which have no cheerleaders. Are you affiliated with this program? It seems as though if you don't have the money to invest in one of the after school programs, our daughters will likely never have this opportunity.
You can contact Benton Future Panthers. They have cheerleaders for each team.

Benton does not have to pay for football players up front probably as much as cheerleaders. I know how many trips my husband and I made this summer with 2-a-days, food, drinks etc. Also, all the extra equipment they needed, I bought cleats, ankle support, visor for helmet, underarmour pants (for under the pads as well as under the pants). We are also paying $5/game, gas, drinks. I bet it works out pretty much the same for cheerleaders.

Bishop Park has registration open now - ages 5 - 14.  Open Program, all welcome.  We are AACCA and USASF Certified Level 1 & 2.  We will have 3 squads this year ages 9-14 Level 2, Ages 9 - 14 Level 1, and Ages 5-8 Level 1.  We just finished our 2nd competition, and have 2 shining trophies our girls are so excited about.... check us out at www.bishopparkallstars.yolasite.com Volunteer and Community Supported.  Very affordable ;) 

Broke up between 4 months of Cheer Skills, and 8 Months of Cheer Squad Practices... or register for the whole year for a discount.   - http://activenet17.active.com/bryantparks/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcz3PBQsCMA

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service