Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell posted blog posts
17 minutes ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Win Dinner for 2 at Luigi's for Your Halloween or Fall Decor!
18 minutes ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted events
3 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post City of Bryant Working Hard to Get the Water Flowing
3 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Mark Petz commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Win Dinner for 2 at Luigi's for Your Halloween or Fall Decor!
9 hours ago
Shelli Russell's blog post was featured
11 hours ago
Miz Carla commented on Shelli Russell's blog post History and Photos on the Creepy Old House on Highway 5 North
11 hours ago
Alex N. Der posted a blog post
16 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted events
17 hours ago
Serge Krikorian's blog post was featured
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post About Home Inspectors Around Here
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell replied to Shelli Russell's discussion Early Voting Totals for the 2014 General Election in Saline County in the group Saline County Politics
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell's discussion was featured
23 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Win Dinner for 2 at Luigi's for Your Halloween or Fall Decor!
23 hours ago
yesterday
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
yesterday
Billie Jean Shoemaker commented on Shelli Russell's blog post About Home Inspectors Around Here
yesterday
Profile IconBillie Jean Shoemaker and Angie Robinson joined MySaline.com
yesterday
Rebecca Schlau commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Win Dinner for 2 at Luigi's for Your Halloween or Fall Decor!
yesterday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

Getting off 30 at exit 114 I saw a sign for "Benton Town Center" coming soon or future home or something along those lines.

A quick google search of the name comes up with some kind of halfway house type thing and this http://www.theretailconnection.net/uploaded/property/20121016101735...

Anyone know anything about this? Are those companies confirmed or is that just a sales pitch?

It would be nice if it's true, but I think that would be mighty tough to pull off with little press. Maybe it has gotten press and I'm just late to the party.

Sean

Views: 2476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to info I got tonight at City Council meeting, there is indeed a shopping center going in at that location & the developer of the center already has letters of intent from several companies.  If all goes well, ground breaking could happen as early as sometime in 2013.  Didn't get names of stores who are on the letter of intent list.

Well let's start the rumors right here and now, shall we?
Macy's, IKEA, Hobby Lobby, Dave & Buster's, AQ Chicken, Eureka Pizza.

Shelli, is that a wish list or something you've actually heard?

For people too lazy to click the .pdf link the stores/restaurants are:

Olive Garden

Red Lobster

Bob Evans

Texas Roadhouse

Chick-fil-A

Gordmans

Bed Bath and Beyond

Michaels Crafts

Ross dress for Less

Ulta

Petsmart

Dick's Sporting Goods

JC Penny

Charming Charlie

Aeropostale

Buckle

Carters

Relax the Back

Jos. A Bank

Kay jewelers

GNC

Studio Movie Grill

Now, is it very realistic that this shopping center and the one that's supposed to house Bass Pro can really take off this close to each other in this economy? I sure am cautiously optimistic.

sean

I couldn't definitely see them opening a shopping center at said location.  Even with Bass Pro going in down the interstate.  It will create a shopping mecca along I-30.  It could mean a lot of business for Benton.  However with the potential for the above mentioned restaurants it would also mean more liquor licenses (which I'm not opposed to since Saline County has done really well on the under-age checks performed) but it could also mean a potential for Saline County to vote to become a wet county.  We can't bring in big names like Red Lobster and Olive Garden if they can't serve alcohol.  And it would be really awesome to have some great shopping opportunities in Benton (along with the shops at Alcoa Exchange).  No more trips to Little Rock for a day of shopping or an evening of fine dining.

If these are confirmed, I wonder what is going into the spaces labeled as not available.  Hmm questions, does that mean Pennys will close in Benton?   I thought Red Lobster was going in at Alcoa.

That is one huge step of development for the area. If they build it, I know many will go.  

How will this impact the bald eagle nest a quarter mile or so down the road?

Red Lobster is not fine dining.
This would be terrific! I went to the link and if I am reading the map codes correctly on the aerial photos and the diagrams, none of these tenants are yet shaded in light blue. Light blue means executed. The color yellow means letter of intent, there are three, Michaels, Ulta and Dicks. There are nine colored orange which means working, so that probably means they've been contacted. The remainder are colored white, which has no color key so it might mean " wish list".

Is there anything we can do as citizens to get these into the blue, meaning leases have been executed?

Is this the property that the city partnered with a developer on to run water and electric to the site a few years back?

Has the city ever come up with incentives for new business?

Will Benton Utilites waive their outrageous requirements for new hook ups?

Will current businesses be treated with equal expectations?

Where is Munky when we need him? :)

I hope this suggestion will get to the powers that be in planning the Benton Town Center.  We recently returned from Branson.  While there we went to the Branson Landing (along the lake).  It was nice, until it started raining.  There was no covered walkway that linked the stores.  Everyone quickly disappeared.  We did too.  We then went to the Tangier which had a covered walkway around it.  I know that mauls are costly due to the utilities to heat and cool the interiors.  But mauls are wonderful when the weather is poor and cold.  I am not suggesting that it be an inside maul, but I am suggesting that it have a covered walkway around linking stores. That way you can shop in the rain or snow.  Inclement weather plays against an open air center in which the customers have to run from building to building in the weather.

Did yall hear that groan of agony?  That was the sound my husband made this afternoon when I read the Saline Courier and saw that one of the planned stores is Michael's.  bwahahahahaha    

I would love to see an Ikea, but that is just wishful thinking!

Amanda, I thought that was my hubby making all those awful groaning sounds.  When I read Michael's I yelled YES.  When he asked me yes what & I told him he yelled OH NO.  Men, sheesh!

@ "Red Lobster is not fine dining" .... Laura, it is IF your standard fare is Mickey D's! LOL .... In fact, IMO, anything is fine dining compared to Mickey D's -- I hate Mickey D's and REFUSE to eat their 'shoe-leather' burgers. When I lived in Little Rock, I used to like to hit Red Lobster during their 'Endless Shrimp" specials. I am pretty sure they lost money on my order. LOL 

Although I don't have much money available for discretionary spending, I still would like to see Hobby Lobby open a store at the planned Benton Center. Years ago, I used to enjoy building plastic models and they carry a nice selection of them. So, I hope they do open here in Benton.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service