Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Spread the word about MySaline.com! Scroll up to where it says "Friends-Invite" and click on "Invite!"

Members

Latest Activity

Shelli Russell commented on Linda Dame's blog post Building
5 hours ago
Joshua Brinsfield commented on Linda Dame's blog post Building
5 hours ago
Roger L. Poole posted photos
8 hours ago
Heather Newsam is now a member of MySaline.com
9 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted blog posts
9 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Water Line Break for Salem Water Users
12 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Linda Dame's blog post Building
13 hours ago
Linda Dame posted a blog post
17 hours ago
Brent Hendrix posted an event

Fundraiser and Chili Cook Off for Christmas for Kids at Saline County Fairgrounds

September 20, 2014 from 10am to 7pm
17 hours ago
Rhonda McKinney commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
18 hours ago
Reporter posted a blog post
18 hours ago
Seth Hardwick posted a blog post
19 hours ago
Ricky Dyson commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Theresa Key commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Kenny Nony commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Todd "The Bod" Skaggs commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Jeremy S. Crouse commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

Question 1 (a) - Did I See where Benton City Council had OK'd shooting off fireworks in the city limits a while back?  (b) Or was I just seeing a discussion about it and didn't catch the results?

Not withstanding that there's a County burn ban - which begs question 2 - Will there be a city fireworks display if there's a burn ban?

Anyone know?

Tags: 4, July, ban, burn, fire, fireworks, fun

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

guess not.. It would look kinda silly for the city to plead with people to stop shooting fireworks then turn around and have a fireworks display.
Fireworks are allowed on July 4th and July 5th.

As far as the burn ban, no idea how it will affect anything.
Generally speaking the burn ban is the whole county including all municipalities. Fireworks are banned during this period. Most people are not going to abide by the rules so the need to think safe and responsible when shooting fireworks. 

Chris said:
Fireworks are allowed on July 4th and July 5th. As far as the burn ban, no idea how it will affect anything.
The burn ban is against open fires. Fireworks are not open fires so they are in the grey area of the law. IF you catch something on fire while doing them then im sure you will be fined...but if not then I dont believe there is a law against them. If the city is going to have fireworks still then i dont see how they can not violate a law and then ticket other people for the same thing.
Fireworks are in burn bans. It's not a grey area in Arkansas. Maybe in other states but not here. 

Lil Birdy said:
The burn ban is against open fires. Fireworks are not open fires so they are in the grey area of the law. IF you catch something on fire while doing them then im sure you will be fined...but if not then I dont believe there is a law against them. If the city is going to have fireworks still then i dont see how they can not violate a law and then ticket other people for the same thing.

There is a BURN BAN in effect for at least 30 days in Saline County. That means it is Illegal and TOO DANGEROUS to have ANY open flames or grilling outside. The city of Benton is GOING AHEAD with their fireworks display to be held at the old Benton airport. Even though fireworks are once again allowed in the city, the Benton Fire Dept. is asking EVERYONE to NOT shoot any off till the drought conditions get better.

I was at the old airpost this last weekend for the R/C airshow, and the entire grassy area along both sides of the runway was VERY dry. ANY spark that hits it will almost certainly ignite.

Woo hoo!  Gettin' some rain in Saline County right now!  Hope it lasts long enough to really help.   I loves me some 4th of July fireworks! 
My alert from the city of Bryant said there was a fireworks ban as part of the burn ban.  When this happens, usually the only fireworks displays you will see would be over a large body of water fired off of barge or boat.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service