Posted by Charles on November 1, 2013 at 9:07pm
Since we had two restaurants close shop a couple of weeks ago, there is some good news. Desi Den, an authentic Indian restaurant opened this week at 612 Office Park Drive in Bryant. This is just across Reynolds Rd from the shopping center that houses Whole Hog Cafe and Casa Mexicana. It is the same location that used to be Layla’s Greek restaurant. The food is amazing and a breath of fresh air for Saline County. They prepare authentic Indian dishes with the freshest ingredients. They are open 7 days a week and have a daily lunch buffet, making it easy to try something new without spending a lot of dough. If you like Indian food or would just be interested in trying a new cuisine, please pay them a visit. Your taste buds will thank you.
- Comment by guy chenault on November 4, 2013 at 8:25pm
Update, I tried it tonight first time. It is legit! Support your local restaurants 🙂
- Comment by Charles on November 4, 2013 at 8:22pm
The gentleman that runs the restaurant is very helpful and will gladly explain what each dish is on the menu.
- Comment by Shelli Poole on November 4, 2013 at 7:40pm
I guess that’s what I need to do is the buffet, because I don’t know curry from furry. No clue.
- Comment by Dave Thomas on November 4, 2013 at 4:47pm
I tried it for lunch on Sunday (buffet). The buffet selection is not as large as Star of India in Little Rock, but what they had was good. They had beef curry, chicken curry, tikka masala, saag paneer, a couple different kinds of rice, and about 3-4 other dishes. I will be back. I hope word gets out about this place because we desperately need something besides the same old BBQ, home cooking, pizza or Mexican restaurants. If you’ve never tried Indian go for lunch one day when they are having the buffet and try a little bit of everything. It is a whole different kind of wonderful flavor that is different than anything American.
- Comment by guy chenault on November 4, 2013 at 9:30am
I’m excited. I love Indian food but I hate having to drive all the way to Little Rock to get it. Will have to try it this week.
- Comment by Shelli Poole on November 2, 2013 at 9:54am
I’ve never had Indian food. Maybe I’ll check it out. I see Oasis Tropical Cafe is going in the old A&W place, too.
- Comment by Phil Palludan on December 4, 2013 at 10:14pm
I highly recommend Desi Den. Each dish we have tried there has been wonderful.
- Comment by Serge Krikorian on December 3, 2013 at 11:11am
@Bill T Good Indian food!
- Comment by bill tricarico on December 3, 2013 at 10:54am
- Comment by guy chenault on December 3, 2013 at 10:13am
On Office Park Drive across the street from Subway and Shipley Do-nuts
- Comment by Shelli Poole on December 3, 2013 at 10:08am
It’s on the side street, Office Park Drive, by Baker’s Jewelry & across the street from Subway and Shipleys… where the Greek restaurant was, and then Sweet Tea Cafe. You can get there from Reynolds or Hwy 5 N.