Trails, Fire, Police, Tech, Boys & Girls, Seniors and yes, Tacos.
Benton Mayor David Mattingly held a press conference Thursday morning to give updates on several projects in the city, and confirmed MySaline’s previous announcement that Benton will be getting a Tacos 4 Life restaurant.
See the video for all the details and to meet the owners and others.
- 00:04:02 – Begin/Trails
- 00:08:03 – Fire & Police
- 00:14:04 – Boys & Girls Club
- 00:19:10 – ACDI
- 00:21:25 – Tacos 4 Life
The other announcements included:
- The City having been awarded $315K & $155K grants for the nearly 5 miles of trails going around the soon-to-open Riverside Park, as well as Sunset Lake and the nearby Reservoir.
- The official rendering of the outside of the Fire and Police substation to be built at 1709 Highway 5 North (by Napa, across from Sonic).
- Since a new Senior Center will be included in the Riverside Park facility, their old building will be remodeled and will become yet another Fire and Police substation.
- The new Boys & Girls Club will also be included in the Riverside Park facility, and they will be having a special lease-signing ceremony soon. They will be able to serve 700 children, a big increase from their current ability to serve 400 children.
- ACDI, the tech/software company that bought the old Harvest Foods property in downtown Benton, will finally be breaking ground soon.