- This article was updated to reflect how the City Council members voted. See votes noted in bold orange type.
The Benton City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting Monday, September 23, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in Council Chambers at the Benton Municipal Complex. The agenda meeting will be held prior to the City Council Meeting at 6:30 p.m., in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Mayor Tom Farmer to proclaim October 4th as Go Pink for the Cure Day to bring awareness of the importance of mammography. The Mayor will proclaim September 22 as Syble Womack Day, as she will celebrate her 100th birthday. The Mayor will also proclaim September 2019 as a time to recognize the African American community in the City of Benton.
City Council will voted on the following ordinances and resolutions:
- YES – Ordinance 67 of 2019 authorizing the purchase of a voice over IP phone system for the City.
- YES – Ordinance 68 or 2019 authorizing funds to the Fire Department for facilities.
- YES – Ordinance 69 or 2019 authorizing funds to the Fire Department for vehicles.
- YES – Ordinance 70 of 2019 authorizing the purchase of a new speaker system for city events.
- YES – Ordinance 71 of 2019 rezoning 504 Oak Hill from R2 to C1.
- YES – Ordinance 72 of 2019 Midtowne Church requesting property at Alcoa Road and Boone Road be issued a conditional use permit for the operation of a church in an R2 zone.
- YES – Ordinance 73 of 2019 accepting grant funds from the Historic Preservation Program
- YES – Resolution 67 of 2019 revising article 2, section 7.01 of the Benton Utilities Employee Pension Plan to stipulate who should serve on the administrative committee.
- YES – Resolution 68 of 2019 to present Fire Department Battalion Chief Greg Ford with his badge and helmet as he retires.
- YES – Resolution 69 of 2019 to enter into a contract with Arkansas Hoops Academy, LLC to provide training and instruction of basketball to youth for the years 2019 to 2020.
- YES – Resolution 70 of 2019 accepting the bid from Fence World to replace fencing at Tyndall Park.
- YES – Resolution 71 of 2019 to enter into a contract for R & S Landscaping to provide lawn services to the City of Benton Parks Department.
- YES – Resolution 74 of 2019 amending Ordinance 42 of 2003 on possession of alcohol in certain areas of the city.
See the full agenda packet at https://www.bentonar.org/events/40783/. The outline is below.