A strong storm system will bring showers and thunderstorms to the region this weekend. Some of these storms could be strong to severe Saturday and into Saturday night. The primary concern at this time is strong winds but tornadoes, some strong, can not be excluded.
- Friday – Sunny, with a high near 70. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night – Showers and thunderstorms likely after 1:00 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 53. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday – Showers and thunderstorms. High near 64. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night – Showers and thunderstorms. Low around 47. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday – A 40 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 40. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday – Sunny, with a high near 71. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.